Besondere wissenschaftliche Aktivitäten
Preise / Ehrungen:
- Prof. Dr. Wilfried Weber: Synthetic Biology Innovator Award 2009 presented at the “First International European Systems & Synthetic Biology 2009 Meeting”., 15.09.2009.
- Prof. Dr. Wilfried Weber: Best synthetic biology project in the competition for ideas (Ideenwettbewerb) from the Ministry of Science Baden-Württemberg (together with Rolf Backofen)., 12.01.2011.
- Prof. Dr. Wilfried Weber: A survey on the global synthetic biology scientific landscape ranked Wilfried Weber at position 4 in the list of the leading authors based on the number of publications: “Ranking authors purely by the number of publications revealed the leading authors to be Fussenegger, Benner, Keasling, Weber, Chen, Collins, Silver, Weiss…“). According to the same criteria, Wilfried Weber is ranked at position 1 among German scientists in this field. See Figure 7 in PLoS ONE 7(4): e34368 (http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0034368), 23.04.2012.
- Prof. Dr. Wilfried Weber: “Writer’s Award” for the highest publication output (impact factor-based) of the Research Cluster BIOSS - Centre for Biological Signalling Studies (http://www.bioss.uni-freiburg.de/cms/2897.html)., 01.05.2013.
- Prof. Dr. Wilfried Weber: Election as “Young Scientist” by the World Economic Forum (WEF). 40 scientists below 40 are selected every year based on the following criteria: „The World Economic Forum identifies the best scientific minds who play a transformational role in integrating scientific knowledge and technological innovation to improve the state of the world.“ (http://www.weforum.org/sessions/summary/celebrating-2013-young-scientists), 11.09.2013.
- Prof. Dr. Wilfried Weber: The Freiburg student team participating at the “international genetically engineered machine competition (iGEM) (team supervised by Wilfried Weber) won the award for the best foundational advance in synthetic biology (http://www.pr.uni-freiburg.de/pm/2013/pm.2013-11-05.301), 10.11.2013.